The only study of its kind to find out:
- What attracts buyers to your web site
- What influences them to become leads
- What methods they prefer to set appointments
- The most influential sales center technologies
Decrease in the influence of traditional (offline) advertising
Would sign up on a web site to save their favorite homes
Want to see Interactive Floorplans in sales centers
Of Baby Boomers+ prefer shorter contact forms
See how important virtual tools and technologies really are to buyers.
Learn how Paid Search (like AdWords) compares with Organic.
Email Still Preferred
Participants stated email is the tool they’d most likely use to make initial contact.
No surprise – traditional advertising is on the decline. And as new technologies emerge and evolve, they are changing the new home buying and building experience. Most notable are those that allow buyers to visualize a home without setting foot inside (i.e. interactive floorplans, 3d tours and virtual reality).
Social media advertising has come of age, and is now a viable option for most builders to gain exposure to new audiences. This comes at a time when more and more buyers are using social media to share their home buying and building experience.
How buyers use social media during the home buying & building process:
- Sharing their building experience on Facebook 40.5%
- Creating a Pinterest board for their home 22.6%
- Following their builder on Instagram 20.6%
- Sending Snapchat snaps about their home 18.3%
- Blogging about their building experience 15.1%
- Tweeting about their building experience 13.8%